Soaked macadamia nuts blended with water make the perfect creamy beverage that tastes wonderful when added to coffee, smoothies, or all on it’s own!
- 1 1/2 cup dry roasted and salted macadamia nuts
- 4 cups filtered water
- Allow nuts to soak in water overnight or up to 12 hours.
- Place water and nuts in blender and blend until all the nuts are finely pureed.
- Strain the mixture through a cheese cloth and fine mesh strainer over a large bowl.
- Squeeze the bag or press down on the strainer to make sure only the solids remain in the cloth.
- The milk will be creamy and silky. It should keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make sure to shake or stir before using.
This tastes delicious in coffee, smoothies, or anywhere you would use traditional milk or almond milk.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Category: low FODMAP, gluten free, grain free, whole 30, paleo-friendly, vegan
- Cuisine: milk, beverage, breakfast