Nothing says cozy and comforting like a warm and chocolatey beverage. This almond milk hot cocoa is very simple to make on the stove top, is low FODMAP, and made with dairy free milk! (and it’s delicious too!)
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (I preferEnjoy Life brand)
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Bring the almond milk and vanilla to a boil over medium high heat.
- Once boiling, turn the heat to low and add the semi-sweet chocolate chips, cocoa powder and maple syrup. Whisk until thoroughly combined and all the chocolate is melted.
- Pour into 4 cups and serve hot.
The ingredients in this recipe are low FODMAP but the recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: dessert, beverage, low FODMAP, dairy free, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 161 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Protein: 3 g