Asian-spiced chicken over a giant bed of lettuce. Inspired by fun lettuce wraps, this is much simpler. Just place the toppings on top of the greens, no rolling or wrapping required!
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 lb ground chicken
- cooking spray
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 oz water chestnuts, diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 baby bok choy, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp reduced sodium Tamari
- 1 head of bibb lettuce, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- Dressing: In a small dish, whisk all ingredients together until combined. Adjust flavor to taste and set aside.
- Chicken: Spray a medium to large skillet with coconut oil cooking spray (or your favorite), and heat to a medium heat. Add the ground chicken breast and cook stirring occasionally for about 3-5 minutes. Next, add the bell pepper and water chestnuts. Cook for about 2 more minutes. Add the ginger, chives, bok choy and tamari. Cook for about 1 more minute, or until the bok choy is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Salad: Divide the lettuce between 4 bowls. Top each bowl with the cooked chicken topping and salad dressing.
Inspired by Kate Scarlata’s Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
*To make this dish paleo and whole 30 friendly, use coconut aminos instead of tamari!
- Category: Main, low FODMAP, gluten free, grain free
- Cuisine: Asian