Earthy avocado oil blends with basil, walnuts, and lemon to create an Avocado Oil Pesto full of healthy fats and flavor. Use it to top protein, mix into summer salads, or dress your favorite vegetables!
- 2 cups basil, washed and patted dry with a towel
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 3 Tbsp walnuts
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1–2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- Add washed basil leaves to food processor fitted with sharp S-blade. Process until finely chopped.
- Add roughly chopped chives and salt to the food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Slowly add ¼ cup of avocado oil and walnuts to the food processor and process until smooth. Add extra oil if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Add 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast and process until combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and process until combined. Taste the pesto and add more lemon juice or salt if desired.
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container.
The ingredients in this pesto are considered low FODMAP based on the Monash University app, but the recipe itself has not been tested for FODMAP content.
- Category: low fodmap, condiment, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, vegan
- Cuisine: italian
- Serving Size: 1 Tbsp
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 221 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg