Chicken lightly coated in nutty almond meal or almond flour is the perfect homemade and healthier alternative to fried and battered chicken nuggets. These are kid-approved!
- 2 chicken breasts (I prefer free-range, organic)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and spritz with coconut oil cooking spray, or the cooking spray you prefer.
- Slice your chicken breasts into your desired size. I like longer strips/tenders, but some people prefer smaller nugget shapes.
- Break two eggs in a medium-sized bowl and whisk together.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the almond meal/flour and the seasonings and gently stir to combine.
- Take one piece of chicken and dip it into the scrambled eggs, then dip it into the almond flour/meal. Place the breaded chicken on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until the tenders are crisp and golden on the outside and the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees fahrenheit.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: gluten free, grain free, paleo-friendly, whole 30
- Cuisine: dinner, lunch, appetizer