- 1 medium sweet potato, grated
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and grated
- 1 plantain, chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and grated
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chives
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Optional: 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shred the veggies and toss together in a large bowl with the olive oil, smoked paprika, chives and sea salt.
- Spread the vegetable mixture evenly on a baking pan and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are slightly crisp and brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and create 4 small holes in the vegetables.
- Crack the eggs into the holes and bake for another 7-10 minutes (or until the eggs are cooked to your desired amount).
- If you decide to omit the eggs, simply bake the hash for 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown.
*Ingredients are portioned into low FODMAP amounts according to the Monash University app, but the recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content.
If you are looking for an egg substitution, I have a feeling chickpeas would taste wonderful in this dish!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: breakfast, low fodmap, gluten free, grain free, dairy free
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 226 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 186 mg