While this pesto is garlic and dairy free, it’s adapted from the fabulous pesto recipe we learned while my husband and I traveled to Italy for our honeymoon. One taste of this fresh, herby sauce takes me right back to the rustic and beautiful Cinque Terre.
- 2 cups basil, washed and patted dry with towel
- 1/3–1/2 cup roughly chopped chives
- 1/4–1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp walnuts
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Add washed basil leaves to food processor fitted with sharp S-blade. Process until finely chopped.
- Add roughly chopped chives and salt to the food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Slowly add 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil and walnuts to the food processor and process until smooth. Add extra oil if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Add 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast and process until combined.
*This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
Make sure to scrape the sides of the food processor down into the bowl as you continue to process.
- Category: sauce, condiment, seasoning, low FODMAP
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 Tbsp