Subtly sweet berry scones make the perfect breakfast treat to nosh on as you sip your coffee, tea, or favorite morning drink.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Vanilla Unsweetened
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries and raspberries (or your favorite fruit!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the dry ingredients (coconut flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar). Stir in the sugar.
- Lightly work in coconut oil using fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add egg, vanilla and Almondmilk Coconutmilk Vanilla Unsweetened to moisten.
- Mix well until you have a soft, doughy texture.
- Gently fold in the berries.
- Shape 1/4 cup of dough for each scone into a small triangle and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until firm and slightly browned.
Store leftovers in a sealed container with a paper towel placed on top of the scones to absorb moisture.
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: gluten free, grain free, dairy free, low FODMAP, paleo friendly
- Cuisine: breakfast, baked goods