Breakfast Herb and Vegetable Egg Muffins are a simple breakfast option you can prep ahead and store in the freezer until ready to enjoy.
2 cups chopped vegetables (broccoli, bell pepper, grated carrot, zucchini, whatever you have on hand)
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese (1 tablespoon per cup), optional
¼ cup chopped fresh basil and chives (can use 2 tablespoons dried when not in season)
1 teaspoon salt, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spritz 12 muffin cups in a silicone muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. (I find a silicone muffin pan is easier to clean when cooking egg muffin cups)
- Crack each egg into a separate muffin cup. Divide the salt between each egg and gently scramble.
- Divide the chopped vegetables between the 12 scrambled eggs and gently stir. Top each egg mixture with equal amounts of cheese if using.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are firm and cooked through.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer. Place in the fridge to thaw the night before you want to eat them and reheat in the microwave at about 30 seconds before serving. (all microwaves differ, so pay attention to works for your model).
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but all ingredients are used in low FODMAP amounts according to the Monash University app.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 muffin cup without cheese
- Calories: 86.6
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9 g
- Fiber: .5 g
- Protein: 6.7 g
Keywords: breakfast, gluten free, dairy free, low fodmap, eggs