This Brussels and Greens Salad is a favorite cold weather side dish in our house. Delicious enough for a holiday meal!
2 cups of sweet potatoes, washed, rinsed and diced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
5 oz baby spinach spinach or mixed greens (the entire container!)
2 cups Brussels sprouts, thinly cut into shredded pieces
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup chopped pecans
For the dressing:
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon dijon
¼ teaspoon salt
Dash black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat (affiliate link) or parchment paper. Place the diced sweet potato on lined baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together the greens, shredded Brussels sprouts, dried cranberries, pecans, and cooled sweet potato.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, dijon, salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, toss the salad with the dressing.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in low FODMAP amounts according to the Monash University app.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: salad
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 250.3
- Sugar: 10.2 g
- Sodium: 194.1 mg
- Fat: 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.4 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
Keywords: fall salad, spinach, sweet potato, thanksgiving side