A pudding so simple and nutritious that it can easily be enjoyed for breakfast or dessert. Chia pudding has the texture of tapioca, subtle sweetness of maple, and is enhanced with your favorite fruit and nut butter toppings.
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp flax meal
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- Toppings, optional (nuts, nut butter, cacao nibs, frozen fruit, banana)
- Place the chia, flax meal, almond milk, vanilla, and maple syrup in a bowl. Stir until combined.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 3+ hours.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
*This recipe was not tested for FODMAP content. According to the Monash University
1 Tbsp of flax is considered high FODMAP, but they do have the green light in the Monash app. The 1/2 Tbsp serving in this recipe may be ok for you, or you may want to omit and replace with 1 Tbsp chia seed to stay within the 2 Tbsp chia seed recommended guideline.
**Nutrition information calculated without toppings.
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Category: low fodmap, vegan, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, paleo
- Cuisine: dessert, snack, breakfast
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 81 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Protein: 6 g