Subtly sweet cranberry pairs with savory rosemary and lightly salted almonds to make a cracker that is beautiful, delicious, and perfect for sharing at any friend or family gathering.
- 1 6oz container Blue Diamond Lightly Salted Almonds
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place almonds in food processor and pulse until the almonds resemble a flour-texture. This should only take about 15-20 seconds. If you go too long, you will have almond butter.
- Add the cold water, cranberries, rosemary, pumpkin seeds, and coconut oil to the food processor. Process until it forms a “dough.” The dough will be a bit lumpy due to the pumpkin seeds and cranberry.
- Remove the dough from the bowl of the processor and roll it into a ball with your hands. Place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll the dough into a thin and even sheet.
- – Take the top piece of parchment paper away from the dough and cut the dough into square pieces, or any shape you like with uniform size. (a pizza cutter works best for this!)
- Place the parchment paper with the uncooked crackers on it onto the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. At about the 7 minute mark, rotate the pan 180 degrees so that the back is now in the front. Cook for the remaining amount of time.
- Allow the cookies to completely cool (about 15 minutes) before breaking apart. They can cool on the pan or on a wire rack.
- These keep best when stored in an airtight container at room temperature for about 2 weeks.
The flavor combination was inspired by crackers from Trader Joe’s and the recipe is adapted from Against All Grain’s Savory and Sweet Crackers: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/04/20/savory-and-sweet-crackers-with-almond-flour/
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: gluten free, grain free, paleo, vegan
- Cuisine: cracker, snack, appetizer