Your favorite vegetables and any fish pair together in packets of foil that have your complete dinner ready in under 30 minutes.
- 2 fillets of white fish (I prefer cod, but you can also use mahi mahi, tilapia, or even salmon-which is not a white fish)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1 cup diced potato
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (I used zucchini and carrots, but you can use whatever is seasonal in your area)
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Lay two large pieces of foil on a baking sheet.
- Combine 1/2 Tbsp olive oil with the herbs and vegetables in a bowl and mix until combine.
- Spread the remaining olive oil on the foil (this is to prevent the fish and vegetables from sticking to the foil).
- Divide the vegetables in half among the two sheets of foil.
- Place one piece of fish on top of the vegetables.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon on each of the foil packets.
- On one packet, bring the two sides of the foil together and crimp together tightly at the top rolling down toward the fish. Then, roll the top and bottom in towards the center of the packet. There should be nearly no air pockets.
- Repeat on the other foil packet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the fish is 145 degrees fahrenheit.
You can easily double this recipe for 4 foil packets.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Category: dinner, low FODMAP, gluten free, grain free, paleo, whole 30
- Cuisine: american, seafood, fish