This single pan dinner is perfect for busy week nights. Chock full of veggies like eggplant, zucchini, kale, and tomatoes seasoned with flavorful Italian herbs, this one-pot dish will win your family over instantly!
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, cubed
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, cubed
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh organic spinach
- 2 cups fresh chopped tuscan kale (dinosaur kale)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 15 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- crushed red pepper to taste
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat
- Add chives and eggplant and let cook for about 5 minutes stirring often. Eggplant will be soft.
- Cut uncooked chicken breast into cubes, and add to the eggplant and chives. Add the zucchini.
- Cook for 7 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked with an internal temperature of 165.
- Add in the spinach and kale, mixing in until it wilts.
- Next, add in the diced tomatoes, dried basil, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper, sea salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat to low and cover the pan, allowing the mixture to simmer for about 7 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Sub the chicken for any protein you like (seafood, tempeh, tofu, extra veggies!).
This meal is great paired with cornbread 🙂
Inspired by Lexi’s Clean Kitchen: http://lexiscleankitchen.com/2014/03/02/easy-one-pan-eggplant-chicken-dinner/
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: low FODMAP, gluten free, grain free, paleo-friendly, nut free
- Cuisine: dinner, Italian