This is the green smoothie I’ve been living off of all summer long. Full of frozen spinach (key for keeping it creamy and thick), frozen banana, strawberries, almond milk, and a touch of protein powder for a little extra boost this smoothie will satisfy you as your morning meal while tasting as delicious as an icy treat for dessert!
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk*
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (I’m currently using an unflavored collagen protein powder, but vanilla would work great too)**
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend taking time to scrape down the sides as necessary until creamy and smooth.
*1/2 cup of almond milk makes this smoothie thick and perfect for a bowl. If you want a thinner smoothie for sipping through a straw, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup more almond milk.
**The nutritional information has been calculated with collagen protein powder.
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Category: smoothie, breakfast, snack, gluten free, grain free, dairy free
- Cuisine: american, health
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 21
- Sodium: 160
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Protein: 16