- 1 can of full fat coconut milk or coconut cream (refrigerated at least 3 hours)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 slices of pineapple
- Misto with extra virgin olive oil, or a small amount of olive oil to brush on the pineapple
- Remove the coconut cream that rose to the top of the can in the chilled coconut cream can. Beat the cream for a few minutes until it becomes nice, light and fluffy. Add the maple syrup and cinnamon, and adjust to taste.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Spritz the pineapple slices, or use a brush dipped in olive oil if you don’t have a misto, with a small amount of olive oil on each side.
- Place the pineapple slices on the grill.
- Cook 6-8 minutes on each side, until nicely charred.
It is best to refrigerate the can of coconut cream over night. This recipe makes more than enough whipped cream for this recipe. It is best served immediately, but it can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. It will harden in the fridge, so simply blend it again until creamy. This is great served with berries or on hot coffee/cocoa!
1 cup of pineapple is considered low FODMAP.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Dessert, Sweet Treat, Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free
- Cuisine: Dessert