- 1 cup natural peanut butter (just peanuts and maybe salt)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (milk, dark, vegan, your pick!)
- In a large bowl or a the bowl of a stand mixer combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, and almond flour. Mix until thick and sticky like dough.
- Scoop into slightly smaller than tablespoon sized balls and shape into an oval. Should make 16. Place on a wax paper lined baking sheet or plate.
- Freeze the peanut butter eggs for 20-30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently OR in the microwave over about 2 minutes but stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip each egg into the melted chocolate and place back on the wax paper.
- Freeze the chocolate covered eggs for 30 minutes to an hour. Store in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Category: dessert, treat, holiday, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, low FODMAP
- Serving Size: 1 egg
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 53 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg