Healthy Homemade Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches are going to make you VERY happy. They take a little bit of time to prep, but are easily enjoyed as a nourishing breakfast filled with carbohydrates, protein, fat (and vegetables!) when you start your day.
Nonstick cooking spray
1 ½ cups finely chopped broccoli
½ cup cheddar cheese (optional)*
1 tsp salt, divided
6 whole grain English muffins (gluten free if necessary)**
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spritz 6 muffin tins with with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crack each egg into a separate muffin tin. Divide the teaspoon of salt evenly between each egg and gently scramble.
- Divide the chopped broccoli between the 6 scrambled eggs and gently stir within the muffin tin.
- Top each egg and broccoli mixture with with equal amounts of the cheddar cheese if using.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through.
- Tear 6 pieces of aluminum foil into equal pieces and place an English muffin on top of each foil piece.
- Once the eggs are cooked, remove them from the muffin tin by using a spoon (be careful because they will be hot!) and place each egg/broccoli muffin on an English muffin and wrap in foil.
- Store in the freezer and thaw before enjoying. We pull them out the night before and allow to thaw in the fridge, then microwave for about a minute just before we eat.
*To make dairy free, omit the cheese and make sure your English muffin doesn’t contain dairy.
**To make gluten free, use a gluten free English muffin (my favorite are Food for Life).
To make this recipe low FODMAP, just swap out the traditional whole wheat English muffin for a gluten free/low FODMAP English muffin.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but the ingredients in this recipe have been used in low FODMAP amounts according to the Monash University App.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 257.3
- Sugar: 6.3 g
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 15 g
Keywords: easy breakfast, simple breakfast, healthy breakfast, freezer meal, make ahead, food prep, meal prep