These bowls are filling and perfect for breakfast, lunch, OR dinner! These satisfying and flavorful bowls can be tossed together in a jif after a little weekend (or anytime) prep of the ingredients.
- 2 large hardboiled eggs
- 1/2 cup uncooked millet
- 2 Tbsp pesto, try my homemade low FODMAP version!
- 3 large handfuls fresh kale
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2–4 Tbsp water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by adding millet to a saucepan and toasting over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add 1 cup of water to the toasted millet. Cover the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 20-25 min.
- In the last 10 minutes of the millet cook time, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the kale, salt and pepper and gently toss until the kale appears slightly wilted. Next, increase the heat to high add 2-4 Tbsp of water. Cover the pan, reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to cook, stirring until all liquid is evaporated.
- To assemble your breakfast bowls: add 1/2 cup millet, half of the sautéed kale, and half of the pesto. Top each with one egg.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy your bowl!!
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: breakfast, lunch, dinner, bowl, low fodmap, gluten free, dairy free
- Cuisine: breakfast, lunch, dinner