Kefir Overnight Oats are the perfect subtly sweet make-ahead breakfast for busy week day mornings! Made with nutritious ingredients like whole grain oats, chia and hemp seeds, and bananas this is a great healthy breakfast.
- 2/3 banana, smashed (I place the remaining 1/3 of the banana in a container and store it in the freezer for smoothies)
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2/3 cup lowfat Kefir (I prefer Green Valley Creamery)
- 1 tsp maple syrup, optional
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Topping options: fresh or frozen berries, nut butter, nuts, seeds
- Smash the banana in a sealable container.
- Mix in the oats, hemp hearts, chia seeds, kefir, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and maple syrup if using. Thoroughly combine.
- Cover and store in the fridge for at least one hour or overnight.
- Remove the lid, top with desired toppings (berries are my favorite topping!) and enjoy!
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but the ingredients used are in lower FODMAP amounts according to the Monash University app.
- Category: low fodmap, gluten free, lactose free
- Cuisine: breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 412
- Sugar: 23 g
- Sodium: 101 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 51 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 21 g