Enjoy the harvest of summer in this light and refreshing Lemon Herb Zoodle (zucchini noodle) with Almond Chicken dish!
- 3 large zucchini or 6 small zucchini (I typically use smaller zucchini because of my spiral tool)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- I batch of Almond Chicken Tenders*
- Make the almond chicken tenders according to the recipe.
- While the chicken tenders are cooking, spiral the zucchini using a hand-held spiralizer or a countertop spiralizer.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Toss the zucchini noodles and cherry tomatoes in the warm olive oil. Gently stir until heated through.
- Once heated through, mix in the lemon juice, chives, basil, salt and pepper.
- Top with the almond chicken tenders and enjoy!
*I used Now Foods almond flour
*almond meal/flour is low FODMAP in 1/4 cup serving, which is less than the amount per serving used in this recipe.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Category: dinner, easy, simple, summer, gluten free, grain free, paleo, whole 30
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 489 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 88 mg