Tart lemon makes this coconut flour zucchini extra special. This zucchini bread is thick, soft, and wonderful for a summer breakfast or snack.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped into large pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup coconut flour (I prefer NOW Foods)
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour or starch
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- If making muffins, prep your muffin tins by spritzing with cooking oil spray or using muffin tin liners. If making bread, spritz your bread pan with cooking oil spray.
- In a blender, combine the wet ingredients (eggs, zucchini, almond milk, coconut sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon, and coconut oil).
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the wet and the dry ingredients and mix until completely combined. This may take a bit of time, but make sure there are no bits of flour peaking through.
- Pour the batter into 12 lined muffin tins, or 1 loaf pan.
- For the loaf: bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For the muffins: bake at 350 degrees for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
*If making muffins, this recipe yields 12 muffins.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: bread, quick bread, breakfast, snack, gluten free, grain free, paleo
- Cuisine: American