Baked French Fries are a delicious side dish that can easily be made at home in a more nutritious and easy way…by baking them! Potatoes are very low in FODMAPs, so those following a low FODMAP approach can enjoy these flavorful homemade baked French Fries.
- 2 medium to large potatoes, rinsed and dried
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil*
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the potatoes into about 1/2 inch wide French fry shapes.
- Pat the cut potatoes dry with a towel or paper towel and spread on a lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt. Toss all together with your hands to make sure all parts of the potato are covered.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
*You can use garlic infused olive oil for a delicious flavor twist!
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: low FODMAP, gluten free, grain free, vegan, dairy free, side dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 225 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Protein: 2 g