Whole grains combine with banana, coconut sugar, hemp seeds, flax seeds, and a touch of nut butter to create a filling, chewy, and sweet millet breakfast bar that is the perfect make-ahead breakfast for the week!
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup cooked millet (cooked according to the package directions)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 flax eggs (can sub 2 traditional large eggs here)
- 2 Tbsp nut butter (I have used almond butter and peanut butter)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I prefer Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Prepare the flax eggs. (I usethese directions!)
- While the eggs are setting, line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Once the flax eggs are ready, combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes. The edges will be brown and the bars will be firm throughout.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes, then remove from the pan using the parchment paper as handles to lift the bars out as one giant bar.
- Slice the bars into 12 bars. Store in the fridge for about a week.
- Category: breakfast, snack, bar, snack cake, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, vegan
- Cuisine: american