I have been purchasing veggie burgers for several years now, and while I love experimenting and trying new-to-me veggie burger brands MorningStar Farms has always been a favorite. The products are consistently delicious, they are always coming up with new veggie burger flavors, the veggie burgers are extremely versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes, and they are excellent to have on hand for a night when I’m in a pinch and need a meal fast.
When Clever Girls and MorningStar Farms reached out to me to participate in the Good Food for Good Times campaign it seemed like a natural fit! MorningStar Farms® is excited to share some innovative ways to create flavorful meatless meal options – without compromising taste. Whether it’s hosting a party or cooking dinner for the family, MorningStar Farms® offers a fresh and versatile take on eating well with more than 30 products and 600 recipes that are convenient and delicious. You can check out www.morningstarfarms.com for more more ideas and tasty ways to use MorningStar Farms products.
MorningStar Farms provided me with some fun summer dishes and coupons for their burgers and challenged me to create a recipe that fit the theme of “15 Minute Meals.”
Brian and I tend to be busy throughout the week (as I’m sure most people are!), and having healthy meals that are easy to throw together AND tasty is very important so I was more than up for the challenge.
I chose to experiment with a new-to-me burger: The Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burger. This burger looked absolutely delicious as it is made with organic red quinoa, brown rice, lentils, carrots, and bell peppers. Yum!
A meal that is a recent go-to for Brian and I are veggie wraps that use a collard green or a chard leaf in place of the tortilla. Because there is no cooking involved in these wraps and they are filled to the brim with nutrient-dense veggies I thought adding the Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Veggie Burger would be a delicious idea! And I was right 🙂
Yields: 2 wraps (1 serving)
I typically eat two wraps for a meal, so if you want to make this for more than one person just cook more than one burger and make sure you have more veggies on hand for filling the wraps.
1. Preheat a skillet to medium heat and place the MorningStar Farms burger on the skillet for 9-10 minutes flipping halfway through to cook.
2. While the burger is cooking prepare your vegetables.
3. Clean your chard leaves and dry thoroughly but gently with a towel. You want the leaf to remain intact!
4. Shave the stem of your chard using a pairing knife. This will make it much easier to roll the wrap once it is full of all your yummy veggies.
5. Slice the cucumber, carrots, bell pepper, and red onion into skinny strips. Not only are these tasty and good for you, but they add a nice crunch to the wrap which is a great contrasting texture to the avocado and the burger.
6. Lay two chard leaves flat and fill each with a quarter of the avocado, dijon, cucumbers, carrots, bell pepper, red onion, and sprouts. Be sure not to overfill!
8. Wrap up your chard wraps like a tortilla. Typically, my wraps are a little overstuffed and I have a hard time getting them to stay together on their own, so I just stick toothpicks in the center to hold them in place. Now, you are ready to enjoy this quick, easy, and delicious meal!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.