Bold spices blend with sweet carrots, creamy chickpeas, crunchy nuts, and salty kalamata olives for a salad flavorful enough to stand alone as the main dish!
- 6 medium carrots, spiraled or grated
- 2 cups kale, or any green you prefer (swiss chard and spinach work well!)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Goldenberries*
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp ras el hanout**
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (can also use 1 1/2 cups of home cooked chickpeas)
- Maple Dijon Dressing:***
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, kale, walnuts, goldenberries, olives, ras el hanout or homemade spice blend, and chickpeas.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, dijon, green onion, salt and pepper together with a fork.
- Toss the dressing over the salad just before serving and season to taste with ras el hanout, salt and pepper.
- Serve with your favorite protein.
*Goldenberries have not been tested for FODMAP, can sub with dried cranberries in 1 Tbsp serving size (6 Tbsp per recipe).
**substitute for ras el hanout: 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp black pepper. If following low FODMAP, make sure the ingredients do not contain onion or garlic.
***If you want more dressing, simply double the recipe!
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
Inspired by the Moroccan Lentil Salad with Cauliflower Couscous from Run Fast Eat Slow.
Ingredients are served in low FODMAP amounts, but this recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content.
- Category: side dish, low fodmap, gluten free, dairy free, grain free, vegan
- Cuisine: moroccan
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 365
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 446 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 7 g