This one pot soup truly warms from the inside out. Wholesome ingredients will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished, and this soup is great to make ahead and freeze for later use!
- 10 cups vegetable or chicken broth/stock (I used homemade to make this low FODMAP)
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 potato, diced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the broth, chicken, carrots, celery, potato, and 1 teaspoon sea salt in a large stock pot.
- Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are fork-tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Enjoy now, or allow the soup to cool before placing it in 1-2 large zipper top bags. Place the zipper top bags on a baking sheet and allow to freeze. Once frozen, you can removed the soup bags from the baking sheet and stack in your freezer however you see fit.
- To thaw: Simply remove the frozen soup from the freezer and thaw in the fridge.
- To reheat: Pour the desired amount of soup into a large pot and bring to a low boil. Serve and enjoy!
Round out this meal with a delicious side salad!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: soup, main dish, make-ahead, dinner, easy dinner, low FODMAP, paleo-friendly, gluten free, grain free