Crisp clusters of nuts, seeds, and delicious spices make this granola something special. Perfect on top of a smoothie bowl, with your favorite non-dairy milk, on top of Greek yogurt, or simply by the handful. With this granola, there is no way to go wrong!
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax and 2 1/2 Tbsp water, allowed to chill in the fridge for 5 minutes)
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor or high powered blender, combine the walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds and coconut. Pulse until everything is chopped up but not completely ground. There will still be a few larger pieces of nuts, but that is ok because we want our granola to have texture and crunch!
- In a small sauce pan, heat the maple syrup and the pumpkin until slightly bubbly.
- Remove the sauce pan from heat and add the coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Mix the nut mixture in with the wet ingredients (including the flax egg) until thoroughly coated.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
- Spread the granola mixture on the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. When the timer goes off, DO NOT STIR the granola. This will give you big clusters. Simply check to make sure everything is cooking evenly.
- Place the granola back in the oven for 20 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan completely before stirring and serving! I don’t break mine up into pieces until it is completely cook so that I have more large chunks 🙂
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: grain free, vegan, paleo, gluten free
- Cuisine: breakfast, snack, granola