The perfect hearty muffin to make-ahead. We love storing these Oatmeal Blueberry Carrot Zucchini Muffins for effortless yet satisfying breakfasts, and unexpected snack attacks.
- 2 cups almond flour*
- 1 cup oats**
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp flax seed meal
- 6 Tbsp water
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 6 Tbsp almond oil or avocado oil (neutral cooking oil)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with muffin liners, or spritz with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flax seed meal, water, zucchini, carrots, oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fold the blueberries into the muffin batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
*Almonds can be high FODMAP, and almond meal/flour is ok in a 1/4 cup serving. This recipe utilizes an amount that is divided out to be less than 1/4 cup serving for each muffin.
**Oats can be high FODMAP when served in more than 1/4 cup serving. This recipe utilizes an amount that is divided out to be less than 1/4 cup serving for each muffin.
You can easily store these muffins in the freezer for use at a later date. Simply set the desired amount out the night before, or microwave for about 1 minute or until heated through.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
Adapted from Superhero Muffins in the Run Fast. Eat Slow. cook book.
- Category: muffin, low fodmap, gluten free, dairy free
- Cuisine: breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 189 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg