Vibrant, fresh pesto adds a delicious flavor to kabobs of chicken and tomato making this a powerhouse (and super simple!) weeknight summertime meal.
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into walnut sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp pesto (if you are looking for a low FODMAP option, make my homemade version!)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, rinsed and dried
- If using wooden skewers, soak for at least 30 minutes in water to prevent the ends from catching fire.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- While the grill is heating, place the pieces of chicken in a large plastic, zip-top bag with the tablespoon of pesto.
- Shake the bag until all of the chicken is coated in pesto.
- Place the chicken on the skewers alternating with tomatoes.
- Place the chicken on the grill and rotate every 4 minutes.
- At about the 10 minute mark, begin to check the internal temperature of the chicken. These will be done when the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees fahrenheit.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Category: dinner, main dish, gluten free, grain free, paleo-friendly, low fodmap
- Cuisine: Italian, American, Grilled