A satisfying and hearty breakfast that is perfect for chilly fall mornings. The combination of spices, pumpkin, and a touch of sweetness from the banana really warm you from the inside when you start your day with this meal.
A few of you asked me to share my pumpkin egg white oatmeal recipe with you after posting quite a few Instagram of this fabulous fall breakfast. I have to admit, I’ve had the pictures taken for a couple of weeks now, I just needed to block out the time to WRITE everything down for you 🙂
This has been a favorite fall breakfast this year, and I can honestly say that I make it once a week (at least!) I use bananas to slightly sweeten the pumpkin and oatmeal without adding refined sugar, but it’s definitely not overly sweet. I find that if I’m craving something sweeter or if someone likes their oats with more sweetness, adding raisins on top is perfect!
I promise, you cannot taste the egg whites in this breakfast and it will FILL YOU UP! When I eat this breakfast, I can usually power through until lunch with minimal snackage 🙂 <—always a good thing! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
Yields: 1 serving
For visual learners…
1. Bring 1 cup water to boil in small sauce pan.
2. Once water is at rolling boil, add in the oats. Allow to cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes.
3. Turn the heat down to medium.
4. Add in the egg whites, pumpkin, and spices, continue to stir.
5. After about a minute of stirring in the egg whites, pumpkin and spices add in the mashed banana.
6. Top with your favorite toppings (mine is almond butter!) and enjoy!
If you give it a try, let me know!!