September is Fruit & Veggies-More Matters Month, so I am sharing Rainbow Sushi Sandwiches a fun, colorful, and tasty lunch great for kids and adults that is FILLED with vegetables!
- 4 slices whole grain bread (can be gluten free if necessary)
- 8 tsp hummus
- 1/2 carrot, grated (about 2 Tbsp of grated carrot)
- 2 Tbsp grated or shredded purple cabbage
- 8 cucumber slices
- Roll each piece of bread very flat with a rolling pin.
- On each slice of bread, spread 2 tsp hummus. Then, top one end of the bread with 1 1/2 tsp of grated carrot and 1 1/2 tsp shredded purple cabbage (1 Tbsp total). Add 2 skinny slices of cucumber and 2 skinny slices of tomato.
- Roll the bread very tightly starting with the end that contains the ingredients.
- Cut into 4 slices.
- serving is 8 slices (2 slices of bread)
Kids can help flatten the bread by rolling it with the rolling pin.
*This recipe was inspired by Weelicious Tuna Sushi Sandwiches: https://weelicious.com/2010/02/02/sushi-sandwiches/
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: lunch, sandwich, vegetarian, vegan, kid-friendly