Roasted winter seasonal vegetables tossed with a creamy almond-butter based dressing are the perfect side dish or base to a rice/grain bowl!
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 1 small bunch kale, chopped and stems removed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- For the Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp chives, freeze-dried
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the sweet potato, fennel, potato, parsnips, and rutabaga on the baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil and toss with hands to coat. Sprinkle with smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper. Rub and toss to coat with hands and lay in a flat layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake the vegetables for 30-35 minutes until tender on the inside.
- While the vegetables are roasting prepare the dressing: add the lemon juice, almond butter, chives, cumin, and sea salt to a small bowl and whisk together. Add 2 Tbsp warm water to thin the dressing.
- When the timer goes off for the veggies, remove the pan from the oven and place the chopped kale on top of the vegetables. Drizzle the kale with the remaining 1 tsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Gently toss with fingers and place in a layer over the entire pan.
- Roast the vegetables with kale for an extra 5 minutes until the kale edges are slightly browned but the kale is more tender.
- To serve: Divide the vegetables among 6 servings bowl and toss with the dressing. Options are to serve the roasted vegetables with the dressing as a side salad or add cooked brown rice and a protein option (lentils, chickpeas, egg, salmon, etc) to make this salad a heartier meal.
*This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but the ingredients are used in low FODMAP amounts according to the Monash University app.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: low fodmap, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, vegan, paleo
- Cuisine: salad
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 341 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 4 g