A simple fall salad filled with the flavors of sweet potatoes, cranberries, and pecans lightly dressed with a homemade balsamic dressing.
- For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- pinch of salt
- For the Salad:
- 1/4 cup pecans, halves or pieces
- 1 cup sweet potato cubed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 cups greens
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- *Top with your favorite protein (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pecans evenly on a sheet pan and toast in the oven for 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Toss the sweet potato cubes with the olive oil salt and pepper.
- Spread the sweet potato on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting whisk together the balsamic, walnut oil, dijon and pinch of salt.
- Toss the greens, toasted pecans, dried cranberries, and roasted sweet potato together with the dressing. Divide between 4 plates and top with your favorite protein to make it a meal (I love topping this salad with salmon).
*1/2 cup serving of sweet potato is considered low FODMAP.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Category: low FODMAP, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, paleo, vegan, vegetarian
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 485 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Protein: 3 g