A lot of your ask me about quick, simple, and healthy dinners. So when I come up with a good one I can’t wait to share it with all of you!
I find that seafood (shrimp especially) is a great go-to for Brian and I because it is:
- Cooks very quickly
- A lean source of protein (having protein at a meal makes us feel more full and satisfied for longer!)
That being said, the star of this dish is shrimp and honestly…I don’t think a meal could get easier!
Simple Shrimp and Spinach
- 1 12oz bag of medium-large shrimp thawed (peeled, deveined, uncooked)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a nonstick pan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Once the coconut oil is melted sautee the onion and garlic for about 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Next, add in the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted.
- After the spinach has wilted into the onion and garlic, add all of the shrimp.
- Allow to cook for about 8 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the stove and serve as the main course of your meal.
We enjoyed our Simple Shrimp and Spinach alongside steamed green beans, broccoli, and cauliflower. Delish!
I hope you enjoy the meal!
Of Possible Interest: