- 1lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 Tbsp dried chives
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes, low sodium (make sure no garlic or onion added)
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 cups vegetable stock (homemade or low-sodium store bought, no garlic or onion added for low FODMAP)
- In a large skillet, brown the chicken for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. This helps bring out the flavor.
- In the base of your slow cooker, combine all of the ingredients including the browned ground chicken.
- Turn the slow cooker to high and allow to cook for about 4 hours.
When ready to serve, make sure the temperature of the chicken in the chili is at least 165 degrees.
Please note that 1/4 cup of butternut squash is low FODMAP.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Category: low fodmap, paleo-friendly, grain free, gluten free
- Cuisine: dinner, slow cooker, main dish
Leave a comment
Do you know the carb/calorie counts on this recipe? Thanks!
Hi Marie! I did not calculate that for this recipe, but Spark people has a great recipe calculator that I often use. This recipe is 4 servings. 🙂
[…] Slow Cooker Chicken Butternut Chili […]
Yum! I love all types of chili and the spice combination in this ones sounds amazing!
Thanks, Corina! I think you would love it! 🙂
Perfect timing! Was just looking for low FODMAP soup/chili recipes for a client 🙂 She’s obsessed with kabocha squash so I’ll have her try it with that!
SO perfect! Thanks, Rachael!
Yum! And high-five for adding smoked pap! <3
Yeah smoked paprika!
OMG yum!! Definitely trying this! Love the added butternut squash! Have been addicted to that lately.
Butternut is amazing 🙂