This simple Slow Cooker Green Chile is packed with flavor and smells wonderful as it effortlessly simmers all day long.
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup dried chives
- 3 4 oz cans green chiles
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth/stock (I used my low FODMAP homemade broth)*
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, no salt added**
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker, making sure the chicken is covered and all ingredients are mixed together.
- Cook in the slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, shred the chicken with tongs.
*Make sure your broth does not contain onion or garlic. FODY Foods makes a good Chicken Soup or Vegetable Soup Base.
**Make sure the canned tomatoes do not contain onion or garlic
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Category: stew, soup, low fodmap, gluten free, whole 30, grain free, paleo, dairy free
- Serving Size: 1/5 recipe
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 650 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 22 g