Swap out traditional quiche crust for a simpler more nutritious version with slices of potato! This breakfast meal is full of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats, is satisfying and perfect when feeding a crowd.
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium to large Russet potato, washed and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chives, freeze-dried
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spritz a 9 inch round pie plate with cooking spray. Spread the potato slices around the pan creating the crust. Make sure to put some up the sides of the plate too. Spritz the potatoes with an olive oil cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, turn the temperature up to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the chives, eggs, egg whites, baby spinach, almond milk, sea salt, and peppers in a medium to large bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the cooked potatoes and cook at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
*This recipe is made with low FODMAP ingredients, but it has not been tested for FODMAP content.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Category: quiche, breakfast, brunch, low FODMAP, gluten free, dairy free
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 131 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 93 mg