- 5 oz baby spinach
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts roughly chopped and toasted (I prefer NOW Foods)
- 2 Tbsp hemp hearts (I prefer NOW Foods)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives (fresh or freeze-dried work here)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- To toast the walnuts, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the roughly chopped walnuts on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about 5-6 minutes (or until fragrant).
- In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, strawberries, walnuts, hemp hearts and chives.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over the top of the salad and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but the ingredients used are compliant with the Monash University App recommendations.
- Category: salad, low FODMAP, side dish, gluten free, grain free, dairy free
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 44 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g