This Summer Squash Salad is fit for the grill! Fresh squash, zippy arugula and sweet peppers and tomatoes pair with a zesty lime dressing for a SIMPLE and flavor-packed veggie side dish.
- 4–5 small yellow summer squash or green zucchini cut into small, flat pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups tightly packed arugula (or 2 big handfuls)
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 small bell pepper (any color), diced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- juice of 3 limes
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- You can make the squash on the grill or in the oven.
- For the grill: toss the squash with 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp salt, and 3/4 tsp pepper. Put on kabob skewers and grill for about 10 minutes over medium heat, turning every 2-3 minutes or until slightly cooked through. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- For the oven: preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the squash with 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp salt, and 3/4 tsp pepper. Roast the squash on a rimmed baking sheet for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Add the tomatoes, arugula, avocado, bell pepper, and green onion to a large bowl. Add the squash once cool.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, smoked paprika, chives, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
- Serve with your favorite protein!
*All ingredients are considered low FODMAP, but this recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: side dish, vegetarian, low FODMAP, gluten free, dairy free
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 368 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 3 g