- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- Pie Filling:
- 4 cups strawberries
- 3 Tbsp Arrowroot Starch
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl beat the eggs melted coconut oil, coconut sugar and salt together until thoroughly combined. (A fork works well for this!)
- Next, add the coconut flour and stir until the dough sticks together.
- Form the dough into a ball and press into a 9″ greased pie pan.
- Poke holes in the crust with a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool
- For the pie:
- In a saucepan bring 1 cup berries and 2/3 cup water to low boil or simmer for 3 minutes or until the berries are soft.
- Toss the remaining strawberries in lemon juice.
- Combine the coconut sugar, arrowroot starch, and remaining 1/3 cup water with the strawberries and lemon juice.
- Stir the sugar/arrowroot mixture into the berry mixture and cook until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Continue to cook until thick.
- Place the remaining berries into the cooled and partially cooked pie shell. Cover with the hot mix and place in the oven to bake at 350 for 7 more minutes.
- Chill for 2 hours. Serve cold.
Please note that coconut flour according to the Monash University app, coconut flour is not low FODMAP.
Please listen to your own body and eat the foods that make you feel the best.
- Category: dessert, pie, baked good