A flavorful and comforting fried rice recipe for those who are sensitive to grains (or just want to experiment with a fun new way to eat sweet potato!). This delicious fried rice recipe is so convincing that you will NOT miss the rice one bit.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Pulse sweet potato in food processor until it resembles rice consistency and texture.
- Heat 1 Tbsp sesame oil in a large skillet. Add the shrimp to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper and cook until pink, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a separate plate.
- Heat 1 Tbsp sesame oil in the skillet again, and add the chives.
- Add green beans, carrots, and bok choy and cook until tender. Add the sweet potato, salt and pepper and cook stirring occasionally 10-15 minutes. The sweet potato should be hot and tender.
- Make a hole in the middle of the sweet potato vegetable mixture. Add both eggs to the center of the hole and mix until combined and cooked. Add the coconut aminos.
- Finally add the shrimp back to the mixture and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Divide between 4 plates and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: dinner, gluten free, grain free, paleo friendly, dairy free
- Cuisine: asian