Sweet potatoes, whole grain brown rice flour and oats come together with sweet cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and coconut sugar to make a tasty snack cookie.
- 1 cup Brown Rice Flour (I used Now Foods)
- 1 cup rolled oats*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 cup sweet potato, cooked peeled and mashed**
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (brown rice flour to ground ginger). Mix until combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl, combine the sweet potato, coconut sugar, coconut oil and vanilla. Mix with mixer until combined.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the dough by hand.
- Place 12 tablespoon sized balls of dough on each cookie sheet. Flatten the balls and bake 14-15 minutes.
*use certified gluten free if this is necessary for you (1/4 cup oats is considered low FODMAP. The serving in these cookies is below this amount)
**1/2 cup of sweet potato is low FODMAP. The serving in these cookies is below this amount. To cook the sweet potato, cleaned and dried a potato. I then poked holes in it with a fork and covered it with foil. The potato then baked at 400 degrees for about an hour.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins
- Category: snack, gluten free, dairy free, cookie, vegan
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 114
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 40 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Protein: 1 g