Traditional take-out Thai Green Curry with Vegetables gets a homemade makeover! With fresh vegetables and flavorful sauce, this healthier version of a decadent restaurant meal is perfect for enjoying at home any night of the week!
- 2 cups cooked rice (I love brown jasmine rice)
- 1/4 cup chives
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced or grated
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, cleaned
- 3 Tbsp homemade Thai Green Curry Paste (your favorite kind will work here!)*
- 14 oz can lite coconut milk (I like the kind with only coconut milk and water on the ingredient list)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (homemade or low sodium)**
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 tsp tamari
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 tsp olive oil and sauce ginger and chives for about 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the carrots, zucchini, and green beans with a pinch of sea salt and cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Next, add the curry paste and cook, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk with the vegetable broth and allow the mixture to bubble. Cover and reduce heat to low for about 10 minutes, or until the carrots are crisp-tender.
- Add the spinach to the curry and vegetable mixture. Once wilted, add the lime juice and tamari. You can add more to taste.
- Serve over a bed of your favorite rice and top with red pepper flakes.
Recipe adapted fromCookie and Kate Thai Green Curry with Spring Vegetables.
*The linked recipe is low FODMAP, make sure to avoid garlic and onion
**For low FODMAP avoid garlic and onion
The ingredients in this recipe are considered low FODMAP or are used in low FODMAP quantities, but this recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content.
Nutrition does not include rice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: low fodmap, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, dinner
- Cuisine: asian, Thai
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 738 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Protein: 2 g
Leave a comment
Way too watery as directed.
I’m so sorry that was your experience. Next time, you could use less broth and add it until it is your desired consistency 🙂
This was awesome! I found I could make the dish while the rice was in the rice cooker. 30 minute dinner? Yes please!
Thank you! So glad you loved it!!
I love Thai green curry, especially this time of year! I just had it from a restaurant a couple days ago and have been wanting to recreate it since!
What do you typically order?! I’m always looking to try new things 🙂