This nutty, Thai-inspired sauce puts a unique spin on veggie dip, is perfect for pouring over cooked spaghetti squash or “zoodles”, and is amazing when tossed with shredded cabbage and carrots for a refreshing salad. The options are endless!
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter* (I prefer the creamy kind with only peanuts as the ingredient for this recipe)
- 1/4 cup low sodium tamari
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh, finely chopped chives
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with a spoon. Mix thoroughly until everything is combined and add additional water or reduce the amount of water to reach your desired consistency.
*Sunflower seed butter may be used in place of the peanut butter. I simply place 1 1/2 cups of sunflower seeds in the food processor and process while scraping down the sides until the consistency is similar to peanut butter. Salted or unsalted work fine.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Category: appetizer, sauce, dip, low FODMAP
- Serving Size: 1 Tbsp
- Calories: 77
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 222 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g