This Simple Stir Fry is completely customizable! Use up leftover vegetables, stems, and protein from other recipes in your week for a flavorful and satisfying meal perfect for any night of the week!
- For the stir fry:
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces (can use any protein)
- 1 Tbsp chives, finely chopped (can sub garlic, onion, green onion)
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finely grated (can sub garlic, onion, green onion)
- 5 cups of vegetable parts leftover from the week (zucchini ends, kale stems, carrot tops, eggplant, radish greens, etc)
- For the sauce:
- 3 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp low sodium Tamari
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock (I used homemade vegetable stock)*
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with avocado oil.
- Once heated, add the chicken or protein of choice and allow to sit for about 3 minutes to create a crisp texture. Toss the protein and coat until golden brown and mostly cooked through.
- Remove the chicken or protein from the skillet and set aside.
- Toss the chives and ginger or other aromatics in the skillet for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Next, add the vegetables.
- Cook the vegetables, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Toss the chicken or protein of choice in with the vegetables.
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the sauce in with the protein and vegetables and allow it to get bubbly.
- Stir and cook the vegetables and protein with the sauce until the protein is cooked through completely.
- Serve and top with your favorite fresh herbs and a side of grains or cauliflower rice.
*For low FODMAP, avoid garlic and onion
Nutrients for this recipe were calculated using MyFitnessPal and will vary depending on which ingredients you choose to use.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but you can sub in low FODMAP vegetables compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Category: low FODMAP, gluten free, dairy free, dinner, lunch
- Cuisine: asian
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe without rice
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 858 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg