This granola is full of warming fall spices. It’s perfect on top of a smoothie bowl, yogurt, with your favorite type of milk, or all on it’s own! (grain free, gluten free, paleo, low FODMAP!)
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten with 2 Tbsp of water*
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup 1 tsp cinnaomn
- 2 Tbsp turmeric (can use Turmeric Boost)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of a food processor or high powered blender, combine the coconut, walnuts, pecans, and sunflower seeds. Pulse until everything is chopped up but not completely ground. There will still be a few larger pieces of nuts, but that is ok because we want our granola to have texture and crunch!
- In a small sauce pan, heat the maple syrup and the coconut oil until slightly bubbly.
- Remove the sauce pan from heat and add the cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, salt, and vanilla extract..
- Mix the nut mixture in with the wet ingredients (including the egg white and water) until thoroughly coated.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
- Spread the granola mixture on the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. When the timer goes off, DO NOT STIR the granola. This will give you big clusters. Simply check to make sure everything is cooking evenly.
- Place the granola back in the oven for 20 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan completely before stirring and serving! I don’t break mine up into pieces until it is completely cook so that I have more large chunks
*You can sub a flax egg for the egg white and water.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Category: Breakfast, snack, dessert, low FODMAP, paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 54 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Protein: 3 g