This salad includes all the veggies in the original (plus a few extra) tossed with a homemade salad dressing that is just as zippy as the store-bought stuff (but lacks the crazy preservatives).
- 2 cups chopped bell pepper*
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups small broccoli florets**
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dried chives
- 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all of the vegetables (bell pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, and black olives). Stir until combined.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients to make the dressing (olive oil, red wine vinegar, chives, parsley, lemon juice, basil, oregano, sea salt, and black pepper).
- Pour the dressing over the mixed vegetables and stir to combine.
*1/4 of a red pepper is low FODMAP
**3/4 cup of broccoli is low FODMAP
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Category: Salad, Side Dish, Potluck, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole 30
- Cuisine: American