Zucchini Pancakes – A traditional fluffy pancake recipe with a touch of fresh zucchini for a nutritional boost and a fun way to use up summer produce.
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I love Living Now All Purpose Gluten Free Flour)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar or granulated sugar (I usedNOW Coconut Sugar)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk of choice (I prefer unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 cup shredded/grated zucchini
- 1 Tbsp neutral oil (avocado oil works well here!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the gluten free flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine the egg, milk, zucchini, oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Test to see if your skillet is hot by dropping a couple of small drops of water on it. If it sizzles, it is ready.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the skillet and allow to cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm and top with your favorite toppings (we love nut butter, fruit, and maple syrup!)
*The ingredients in this recipe are low FODMAP according to the Monash University app, but the recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content.
- Category: breakfast, low fodmap, gluten free, dairy free
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 176 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg