Oats, nut butter, maple syrup, bananas, and nutrient-rich seeds come together to make a filling and delicious cookie that is healthy enough for a grab and go breakfast. The tart flavor of lemon paired with sweet wild blueberries really takes this healthy cookie over the top.
- 2 cups rolled oats*
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour* (you can make this yourself by blending oats in the food processor for about 45 seconds)
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup nut butter (I used unsalted, raw almond butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, oat flour, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, flax meal, and sea salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Next, add the nut butter, maple syrup, mashed bananas, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the dry oat mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Finally, stir in the dried blueberries
- Once everything is combined, scoop the dough by a 1/4 cup onto the prepared baking pans. Flatten and shape the cookies with moist finger tips.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the pan 10 minutes before removing.
- Enjoy with a piece of fruit, hard boiled egg, or on it’s own for breakfast or a filling pick-me-up treat!
*If you need to be sure these cookies are gluten free, please purchase certified gluten-free oats.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: cookie, healthy cookie, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free
- Cuisine: breakfast, cookie